Find out how Pacific Neuroscience Institute’s experienced multidisciplinary Brain Health team treats psychiatric and neurological conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, balance problems, as well as depression and anxiety. Learn more about specialty programs that focus on neuromuscular health and promote healthy brain aging.
SANTA MONICA (October 30, 2018) – Pacific Neuroscience Institute is very pleased to announce the launch of their new Pacific Brain Health Center website, PacificBrainHealth.org.
Filled with information about a wide range of conditions and programs, the website details symptoms, state-of-the-art diagnoses and advanced treatments for conditions affecting all aspects of neurocognitive functioning and brain health.
In addition, there is information about optimizing brain health though a unique physical and cognitive exercise program for all human performance categories as well as executive brain health.
In a multimodal approach for taking care of the brain, experts offer specialty programs that focus in the following areas:
- Alzheimer’s dementia and related memory and cognitive disorders
- Healthy brain aging using nutritional and hormonal approaches, exercise, meditation/mindfulness, and other novel therapies
- Physical and cognitive health programs that combine exercise and mental stimulation to sustain and enhance brain health
- Balance issues and fall prevention, and the neuromuscular disorders program that both aim to optimize the patient’s ability to keep exercising which is directly related to memory
- Psycho-oncology support which addresses and treats the anxiety and depression associated with a cancer diagnosis
Pacific Brain Health Center is one of nine centers of excellence at Pacific Neuroscience Institute. Interestingly and not surprisingly, the brain health center has extensive links to all the other centers, emphasizing the multidisciplinary approach that PNI takes in caring for its patients’ overall brain health.
Brain Health Experts
Dr. David Merrill, geriatric psychiatrist
Dr. Verna Porter, adult neurologist
Dr. William Buxton, adult neurologist
Dr. Scott Kaiser, geriatric family medicine
Dr. Sarah McEwen, cognitive psychologist
Dr. Stella Panos, clinical neuropsychologist
Dr. Shanthi Gowrinathan, psychiatrist, psycho-oncologist
The clinic is located at Saint John’s Medical Plaza, 1301, 20th Street #145, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Patients can schedule appointments with Pacific Brain Health Center specialists at 310-582-7641.
Zara Jethani, MS, MBA, is the marketing director for the Pacific Neuroscience Institute. Her background is in graphic design, molecular genetics research and healthcare marketing.