Pacific Neuroscience Institute is devoted to i) providing personalized, precision multidisciplinary patient care, ii) advancing the neurosciences and promoting brain health through novel research and innovative clinical trials, iii) training the next generation of clinician and research neuroscientists, and iv) educating patients and the community at large on vital neuroscience issues.
Pacific Neuroscience Institute provides precision leading-edge care for patients with a wide spectrum of neurological and cranial disorders including benign and malignant brain tumors, pituitary tumors and related hormonal disorders, stroke and other neurovascular diseases, adult hydrocephalus syndromes, vision and hearing disorders, facial pain syndromes, movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor, dementia and autoimmune syndromes.
With 10 medical and surgical subspecialties represented including neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neurology, neuro-ophthalmology, endocrinology, ENT (otolaryngology), interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, neuro-anesthesia and neuropathology, our PNI team provides comprehensive minimally invasive care to help maximize recovery and restore quality of life.
Through support by the PNI Foundation and Saint John’s Health Center Foundation, and in collaboration with the John Wayne Cancer Institute, PNI is striving to change the standard of care for patients with neuroscience conditions and advance brain health through translational research and clinical trials, provide fellowship training, as well as offer neuroscience education to patients and the community.
Our Centers of Excellence
- Brain Tumor Center | Directors, Daniel F. Kelly, MD & Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD
- Pituitary Disorders Center | Director, Daniel F. Kelly, MD; Co-Director Garni Barkhoudarian, MD
- Adult Hydrocephalus Center | Director, Garni Barkhoudarian, MD
- Facial Pain Center | Director, Garni Barkhoudarian, MD; Co-Director Marisa Chang, MD
- Movement Disorders Center I Directors Melita Petrossian, MD & Jean-Philippe Langevin, MD
- Stroke & Aneurysm Center |Directors, Jason Tarpley, MD, George Teitelbaum, MD & Achal Singh Achrol, MD
- Eye, Ear & Skull Base Center | Directors, Chester Griffiths, MD, FACS & Howard Krauss, MD
- Neuroscience Research Center | Director, Dr. Santosh Kesari MD, PhD
Why Pacific Neuroscience Institute?
We provide a unique combination of highly specialized and experienced medical professionals, leading-edge technology and a personalized compassionate approach that puts our patients and their families first and foremost.
Our physicians work side by side with our scientists to formulate real-time personalized treatments and therapies for our patients ensuring that they are receiving the highest and most advanced levels of care.