We provide a unique combination of highly specialized and experienced medical professionals, leading-edge technology and a personalized compassionate approach that puts our patients first.
The Pacific Neuroscience Institute provides state-of-the-art care with a focus on minimally invasive surgical and interventional techniques, as well as novel targeted therapies that aim to restore and maintain quality of life. In collaboration with the John Wayne Cancer Institute, PNI is also focused on translational research and clinical trials as well as fellowship education and continuing medical education. Our physicians work side by side with our scientists to formulate real-time personalized treatments and therapies for our patients ensuring that they are receiving the highest and most advanced levels of care.
What Makes PNI Stand Out
- Experience: We have a highly experienced team of physician specialists with decades of experience who work collaboratively to provide a comprehensive personalized approach for each patient. In designing a treatment plan, our number one goal is maintaining or restoring our patients’ quality of life and functional status. We take great pride in our patient relationships and the time spent with them.
- Leadership: Our physicians are leaders in their respective fields of neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, head & neck surgery and endocrinology. They are actively involved in teaching other doctors the latest techniques and trends in brain tumor care at national and international conferences and are involved in our fellowship training program. Because of their expertise, our physicians treat many patients with the most challenging of tumors, including many with prior treatments and patient who have been deemed “non-operative”.
- Advanced treatments for neurological disorders through research: We are working hard to advance treatment options for patients with brain, skull base and pituitary tumors, stroke, hydrocephalus, facial pain syndromes through innovative research, clinical trials and tumor genetic profiling. Our physicians have an extensive publication track record on many aspects of brain and skull base tumor care and research, demonstrating their long-term commitment to improving outcomes with these challenging problems.
- Minimally Invasive Keyhole Surgery: For patients who need surgical removal of a brain or skull base tumor, our neurosurgeons and head & neck surgeons (ENT) are at the forefront of minimally invasive keyhole and endonasal endoscopic surgical approaches while also having decades of experience with conventional surgical approaches. This broad expertise allows our surgeons to provide the most optimal surgical approach for each patient.
- Provide leading-edge personalized care: Our team of physician specialists, who together have decades of experience, work closely and collaboratively to provide a comprehensive personalized approach for each patient. We aim to educate our patients about their specific disorder and what their treatment options are. Ultimately, we want to empower our patients and their families to make informed decisions about their treatment options. We also offer psycho-social support with an on-site social worker in our Brain Tumor and Neurosurgery/Neuro-Oncology Clinic and have a bimonthly Patient Support Group.
- State-of-the-Art Hospital & Technology: PNI physicians practice at Providence Saint John’s Health Center, the only hospital in California to receive Healthgrade® America’s 50 Best Award™ 9 years in a row. We have state-of-the-art neurosurgical operative suites dedicated to endoscopic and microscopic minimally invasive keyhole brain tumor surgery. We also have neuro-interventional suites and intensive care unit.
- Education: We educate fellow physicians on the latest developments in the clinical neurosciences & neuro-oncology. Through Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses, national and international symposia, and our neurosurgical fellowship training program, our Center physicians are educating this and the next generation of clinicians about the latest techniques and technology for neurological disorders.
For all these reasons and more, PNI is a place you can believe in.