Careers at PNI
Join us at Pacific Neuroscience Institute for a fulfilling and meaningful career.
At PNI you will be part of our outstanding multidisciplinary team of clinicians and researchers providing comprehensive leading-edge patient care. We are among those who pave the way in advancing surgical techniques, novel therapies and use of innovative technology across the neurosciences.
Our unique clinical and academic environment is a blend of individualized approaches to patient care and translational bench-to-bedside research.
Delivering personalized precision care today and innovating for tomorrow.
Neuro-Oncology Clinical Faculty Position
The Department of Translational Neurosciences and Neurotherapeutics at Pacific Neuroscience Institute is seeking candidates (junior or senior) for clinical faculty positions in Neuro-Oncology to join the team currently consisting of 3 neuro-oncologists covering 5 hospitals including Providence Little Company of Mary in Torrance, John Wayne Cancer Centers at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, St. Jude Medical Center and Hoag Hospital in Orange County, and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank. The candidate will be responsible for neuro-oncological care of patients at the Pacific Neuroscience Institute.
Recruitment of clinical scientists is a priority for the Institute and we seek candidates committed to clinical or translational research. Neuroscience faculty members are dedicated to training fellows, residents, and medical students. Candidates must be board certified in neurology or medical oncology, have completed fellowship training in neuro-oncology and be eligible for licensure in the State of California. Competitive salary and startup. Commensurate with qualifications and based on Providence St. Joseph Health pay scales.
Qualified applicants must have completed training in an ACGME-accredited medical oncologic, neurological or neurosurgical residency program and be eligible for a California medical license.
Applications must be submitted electronically as a PDF file that includes detailed curriculum vitae, a description of the candidate’s primary academic research interest, a brief description of their interests in this position and three letters of reference.
For inquiries, please contact: Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD, Director, Pacific Neuroscience Research Center; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speech Language Pathologist
The Head and Neck Surgery group at the Pacific Neuroscience Institute in Santa Monica, CA is looking for a speech language pathologist to join our team. We are a group of laryngologists, head and neck surgeons, ENTs, Neurologists and Neurosurgeons.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and to provide advanced care in the treatment of voice and swallow disorders.
- Should demonstrate experience in administering and interpreting videofluorscopic swallow studies.
- Be experienced in providing therapy for patients with post head and neck cancer treatment swallowing dysfunction
- Be comfortable in the treatment of common vocal fold pathologies
- Be certified in Lee Silverman Voice Therapy or willing to obtain certification
All services will be provided in the outpatient setting.
Candidates who have completed a medical fellowship are highly encouraged to apply.
For inquiries, please contact:
Omid Mehdizadeh, MD
Laryngology – Voice and Swallowing
Head and Neck Surgery
Clinical Research Associates Position with TRIP Program
Interested in getting involved in psychedelics research?
The Pacific Treatment & Research in Psychedelics (TRIP) program is looking for a research coordinator and a research assistant to work in our psychedelic-assisted therapy clinical trials program.
For inquiries, please contact: Keith Heinzerling, Director, TRIP Program: Keith.Heinzerling@providence.org
Support Staff Positions
We are always looking for talented, motivated people to join us at Pacific Neuroscience Institute. Further your experience and career in areas including front desk, administrative coordinator, medical assistant and other positions.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position
In this position you will:
• Join members of the Translational Neurosciences and Neurotherapeutics Laboratory who, along with collaborators, focus on neuro-oncology and neuroscience drug discovery, drug development, and translational research.
• Design and execute laboratory experiments
• Demonstrate independent scientific thinking, while being focused on the proposed studies.
• Demonstrate ability to do science with liited supervision.
• Perform various biochemical and molecular biology studies.
• Keep detailed experimental records and documentation.
• Assist with concept proposals, grant submissions, and annual reports.
• Support the preparation of data packages for publications, posters, and verbal presentations.
• Keep abreast of up-to-date developments in procedures, technology and equipment, as they become available.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Ph.D. or MD degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline
• Demonstrated record of publications related to cancer biology, cell signaling, and preferably in drug discovery
• Must have a thorough understanding of cancer or neuroscience drug development process.
• Experienced in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
• Proficient in P.C. software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office), and scientific-specific IT platforms (Prism, FlowJo)
• Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and project management skills
• Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision to prioritize, organize, and coordinate work.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Strong background in molecular and cell biology, tumor metabolism, and preferably in genomics, and bioinformatics
• Experience working with animal models of human diseases
For inquiries, please contact: Elmar Nurmammadov, PhD, MBA, Director, Drug Discovery, Department of Translational Neurosciences and Neurotherapeutics; Assistant Professor, Saint John’s Cancer Institute; Elmar.Nurmammadov@providence.org
Surgical Neuro-ophthalmology Physician Educator
The Department of Neuro-ophthalmology at Pacific Neuroscience Institute is seeking candidates (junior or senior) for a clinical faculty position in Surgical Neuro-ophthalmology, inclusive of adult strabismus, orbital surgery and/or oculoplastic surgery. The candidate will be responsible for care of patients at the Pacific Neuroscience Institute at Providence Little Company of Mary in Torrance and the Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, both located in the Los Angeles County in Southern California. The program is expanding regionally and other sites are in development. Recruitment of clinical scientists is a priority for the Institute and we seek candidates committed to clinical research. Neuroscience faculty members are dedicated to training fellows, residents, and medical students. Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in ophthalmology, have completed fellowship training in neuro-ophthalmology and/or oculoplastic surgery and be eligible for licensure in California. Competitive salary and startup, commensurate with qualifications and based on Providence Health and Services pay scales.
Applications must be submitted electronically as a PDF file that includes detailed curriculum vitae, a description of the candidate’s neuro-ophthalmologic and surgical training, primary academic research interest, a brief description of their interests in this position and three letters of reference.
For inquiries, please contact:
Howard R. Krauss, MD
Director of Ophthalmology, Pacific Neuroscience Institute
Pituitary Clinical and Research Endocrinologist
The Pacific Neuroscience Institute (PNI) in Santa Monica, CA is seeking to hire a full-time board certified/board eligible clinical endocrinologist to work specifically within the Pacific Pituitary Disorders Center and the Pacific Brain Health Center. The position covers a unique blend of clinical work and research with a focus in all types of pituitary disorders and brain wellness.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a physician with a strong clinical and research interest in pituitary tumors, hypopituitarism and a desire to better understand the role of pituitary hormones in brain health, as well as memory and mood disorders. Under the direction of Institute director and neurosurgeon, Daniel Kelly, MD, PNI and the Pacific Pituitary Disorders Center has a long clinical and academic track record in the surgical and medical management of patients with all types of pituitary tumors (including pituitary adenomas, craniopharyngiomas, Rathke’s cleft cysts), and hypopituitarism (from pituitary tumors, radiotherapy, TBI and other etiologies such as immunotherapy).
Interested candidates should have a demonstrated clinical expertise and academic track record in treating patients with pituitary tumors, and experience with clinical trials. It is anticipated that the position will be approximately 50% clinical and 50% research time and effort.
PNI is part of Providence St. Joseph Health and is based at Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, CA. The current PNI faculty now includes 25 MDs and 9 PhDs in a non-traditional multi-specialty unsiloed arrangement that promotes collaboration and innovation. Many of the PNI faculty are also faculty at Saint John’s Cancer Institute, also based at Saint John’s Health Center. In collaboration with JWCI, PNI has a neurosurgical fellowship training program in endoscopic and minimally invasive brain tumor surgery and has many visiting international fellows and scholars each year. The Institute has an active teaching program that involves students (both undergrad and graduate), as well as a robust CME program and long-standing patient education effort in pituitary health.
For additional information on this opportunity, please email your CV and a letter of interest to:
Daniel F. Kelly, M.D.
Director, Pacific Neuroscience Institute
Professor of Neurosurgery, Saint John’s Cancer Institute
Providence Saint John’s Health Center
2125 Arizona Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90404