We provide comprehensive care for patients with all types of brain tumors including benign and malignant brain tumors, skull base tumors, and metastatic brain tumors that arise from cancers elsewhere in the body.
If you, a family member or friend have been diagnosed with a brain tumor or skull base tumor, we can help you understand your condition and determine an optimal treatment plan.
With expertise in minimally invasive keyhole and endoscopic surgery, leading-edge brain cancer treatments and clinical trials, stereotactic radiation treatment and hormone replacement therapy, we provide personalized care for these complex conditions, while focusing on our patients’ quality of life.
Our specialists in neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, radiation oncology, head & neck surgery, neuro-ophthalmology, interventional neuro-radiology and endocrinology offer a multidisciplinary approach to these disorders.
Our Center of Excellence
We realize you have options for your care; as you consider your choices, a few facts about our Center.
- Minimally Invasive Keyhole Surgery: For patients who need surgical removal of a brain or skull base tumor, our neurosurgeons and head & neck surgeons (ENT) are at the forefront of minimally invasive keyhole and endonasal endoscopic surgery while also having decades of experience with conventional surgical approaches. This broad expertise allows our surgeons to provide the most optimal surgical approach for each patient.
- Leading-Edge Personalized Brain Cancer Care: For patients with primary or metastatic tumors, our neuro-oncologists are on the leading edge of targeted brain cancer therapies, clinical trials and genomic tumor profiling. Our radiation oncologists also have extensive experience in the radiosurgical treatment of residual and recurrent brain and skull base tumors. We also offer real-time psycho-social support with an on-site social worker and host a bimonthly Brain Tumor & Pituitary Tumor Patient Support Group.
- Leadership: Our physicians are leaders in their respective fields of neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, head & neck surgery and endocrinology. They are actively involved in teaching other doctors the latest techniques and trends in brain tumor care at national and international conferences and are involved in our fellowship training program. Because of their expertise, our physicians treat many patients with the most challenging of tumors, including many with prior treatments and patient who have been deemed “non-operative”.
- Publications: Our physicians have an extensive publication track record on many aspects of brain and skull base tumor care and research, demonstrating their long-term commitment to improving outcomes with these challenging problems.
- Our Award Winning Hospital: Our physicians practice at the only hospital in California to receive Healthgrades® America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ award 9 years in a row: Providence Saint John’s Health Center.