Cancer Psychiatry Support
At Pacific Neuroscience Institute, patients and their loved ones are often dealing with the news of a life-changing or devastating diagnosis.
The Pacific Neuroscience Institute’s Psycho-oncology Program is designed to make sure no one has to go through this process alone. We help people overcome emotional or functional issues and focus on optimizing quality of life in all phases of treatment or recovery.
It takes a village and our program, in conjunction with Oncology Supportive Care Services at Providence Saint John’s Health Center, is a network of interdisciplinary specialists, working as a team to build a support community around you and your loved ones.
Our psycho-oncology specialty team offers compassionate, personalized care for patients with cancer-related brain health issues, such as:
- Coping with the diagnosis
- Experiencing side effects of treatment
- Adjusting to changes in functioning during and after treatment
- Cognitive issues such as “chemo-brain”
- Psychiatric illness such as depression or anxiety, in the context of cancer treatment
- Physical difficulties such as pain or insomnia
- Difficulties returning to work or life after cancer
Nurturing support for your mind, body and spirit is our focus.
Multidisciplinary, innovative, thoughtful, and individualized care is our goal.
Walking with you on your treatment journey and getting you back to living fully is our success.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Shanthi Gowrinathan, Director of Psycho-oncology, please contact her clinics:
Or contact her patient care representative: Yesenia.Leiva-Gonzalez@providence.org