About Dr. Santosh Kesari
Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD, FANA, FAAN, is one of “America’s Top Doctors” selected by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. He is among the top 1% of neuro-oncologists and neurologists in the nation, according to Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Each year, Castle Connolly surveys thousands of physicians and other healthcare professionals and asks them to identify excellent doctors in every specialty in their region and throughout the nation for their Top Doctors™ distinction.
Dr. Kesari is often called upon by the media to comment on neurological issues and the non-surgical treatment of brain tumors.
Some of his video credits are listed below:
- October 2018: In a JWCI podcast, Dr. Kesari talks about glioblastoma treatment, increasing survival and minimizing neurotoxicity.
- March 2018: Dr. Kesari examines the current state of glioblastoma treatment and his progress in treating this disease on OncologyTube.
- December 2017: In his interview with Practice Update, Dr. Kesari provides a Glioblastoma Therapeutic Review from SNO 2017.
- October 2017: Dr. Kesari and patient Rusty Doms on the news across the country for the new treatment of glioblastoma.
- October 2017: Dr. Kesari is part of a celebrity panel for the “Jump, Jive & Thrive” Survivorship Summit.
- October 2017: Dr. Santosh Kesari talks to abc7 about how a virus can trick the immune system into attacking tumor cells.
- September 2017: NASA and PNI work together to help resolve brain pressure in astronauts. See Dr. Kesari’s interview on KSAT12.
- August 2017: Patient-related factors and issues using TTFields for glioblastoma, an interview with Practice Update.
- July 2017: Translational Medicine in Neuro-Oncology – Progress in Meeting Unmet Needs, an interview with Practice Update.
- July 2017: Dr. Kesari is asked to comment on Sen. John McCain’s prognosis after his GBM surgery. ABC7 reports.
- April 2017: Drs. Kesari and Achrol commence a new targeted therapy clinical trial for GBM patients. ABC7 reports.
- April 2017: Drs. Kesari and Saria speak with ABC7 news about their collaboration with NASA to test a device to help astronauts travel more safely.
- February 2017: Patients suffering from brain tumors are finding that wearing devices that deliver low-intensity electric fields can help improve their health outcomes. Dr. Santosh Kesari’s patient shares his story in this CBS2 video news story.
- February 2017: Leroy Hood, MD, PhD, Michael Prados, MD, & Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD, discuss brain tumor research before speaking at the 2nd Annual Innovative Approaches to Brain Tumor Management Course.
- February 2017: Santosh Kesari, MD, PhD, speaks about Precision Immunotherapy Approaches for Brain Cancers at Seattle Science Foundation.
- A Man on a Mission: Dr. Kesari speaks about his motivations in becoming a neuro-oncologist, physician-researcher at John Wayne Cancer institute and the therapy options he can offer to his patients.
- July 2016: Dr. Kesari speaks about precision medicine on The Doctor’s Channel.
- May 2016: A new prodrug takes aim at glioblastoma. Talk on The Doctor’s Channel by Dr. Santosh Kesari.
- SNO2016 update on practice-changing treatments.
- Checkpoint inhibitors, vaccines, viral therapy may offer multiple treatment options for brain tumors – Dr. Kesari discusses advances in these immunotherapy options at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting.
- Thinking outside the box, Dr. Santosh Kesari works with a teen and her family to significantly improve her health after the diagnosis of a glioblastoma. The story was reported by abc7.com.
- Cure awarded Dr. Santosh Kesari with a 2015 GBM Heroes award for his work in glioblastoma research. Hear Valerie Harper speak about her experience and see Dr. Kesari receive his award from a happy patient at the awards ceremony.
- Dr. Santosh Kesari uses cutting edge procedures to treat rare brain cancers. His methods are doing wonders for this amazing young lady who wasn’t given much of a chance for survival by other doctors and medical institutions. This story was also covered recently on Inside Edition.
- Dr. Kesari talks about understanding and treating brain tumors with Professor and Chair William Mobley.
- Dr. Kesari participating in a discussion in a Series: “The Atlantic Meets The Pacific.“
- Dr. Kesari discusses academia-industry relations to facilitate rapid advances here.
Dr. Kesari’s publication list regarding conditions and novel treatment approaches is extensive.
For media inquiries please contact Dr. Kesari