PNI Foundation Mission
To fundamentally advance neuroscience clinical care through novel treatment approaches that optimize brain health and quality of life, to train the next generation of neuroscientists and clinicians, and to educate patients and the community at large on vital neuroscience issues.
Neurological disorders pose some of the greatest challenges in medicine. While progress is clearly being made, these life-changing and often life-ending ailments continue to directly or indirectly impact a large portion of our society. Pacific Neuroscience Institute Foundation (PNIF) has partnered with Saint John’s Health Center Foundation (SJHCF) to address the growing need for innovative neuroscience solutions. Working together, the two Foundations aim to profoundly change the standard of care and enhance the quality of life for patients with these daunting conditions, including benign and malignant brain tumors, pituitary tumors and related hormonal disorders, stroke and other neurovascular diseases, adult hydrocephalus syndromes, vision and hearing disorders, facial pain syndromes, movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor, as well as dementia and autoimmune syndromes.
PNI Foundation support extends across multiple areas of need, including fueling innovative, translational and clinical research projects, clinical trials support, database infrastructure, neuroanatomical skills laboratory, fellowship training, faculty recruitment, patient education and community outreach. In collaboration with John Wayne Cancer Institute (JWCI), the PNI and SJHC Foundations are specifically focused on advancing the care of patients with primary and metastatic brain tumors, and to support training and education in neurosurgery, neuro-oncology and related disciplines.
Why Support PNI NOW?
- Unique time in the neurosciences, neuro-oncology, biotechnology and bioinformatics to accelerate and advance novel treatments including minimally invasive keyhole surgical techniques, device technologies, and drug development
- Unique team of innovative and experienced clinicians and neuroscientists who are recognized world-leaders in minimally invasive brain surgery, targeted neuro-oncology treatments, clinical trials and brain tumor genomics
- Unique bond with SJHCF and JWCI to advance neuro-oncology translational research and neurosurgical training in minimally invasive surgical skills and approaches
- Unique place with new PNI Clinic opening in early 2018 promoting neuroscience collaboration, innovation and discovery “under one roof”
- Unique opportunity to support a team of devoted and creative clinician-scientists focused on disruptive neuro-innovations to change the “standard of care” across the neurosciences