Pituitary tumors and related hormonal disorders are complex in their diagnosis and treatment & warrant a team approach of experienced specialists to achieve optimal outcomes.
Our multidisciplinary team is here to help you and your loved ones understand your condition and determine an optimal treatment plan. Because of our expertise, we treat many patients with the most challenging of pituitary and skull base tumors, including many with prior treatments (recurrent or residual tumors) and patient who have been deemed “non-operative”. Our expertise includes treating the full spectrum of pituitary related disorders:
- Cushing’s disease
- Endocrine-Inactive Adenoma
- Pituitary Apoplexy
- Recurrent and Residual Adenoma
Other Tumors, Cysts & Conditions:
- Rathke’s Cleft Cyst
- Sellar Arachnoid Cyst
- Sinonasal Carcinoma
- Pituitary Failure (Hypopituitarism)
- Pituitary Inflammation (Hypophysitis)
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks
As described in a recent article, senior-authored by Dr. Daniel Kelly, we define a Pituitary Center of Excellence as “a cohesive team of specialists who:
- Promote collaboration and best practices to improve pituitary patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Advance novel and more effective pituitary treatments through research and clinical trials.
- Support pituitary medicine education and training for healthcare providers and for patients.
We realize you have options for your care; as you consider your choices, a few facts about our Center.
- Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery: For patients who need surgical removal of a pituitary adenoma, craniopharyngioma, Rathke’s cleft cyst or related tumor or cyst, our neurosurgeons and ENT surgeons are at the forefront of endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery. Our Center Director, Dr. Daniel Kelly is among the most experienced pituitary surgeons in the world with over 1,600 patients treated. Together with Dr. Chester Griffiths, Chief of Endoscopic Sinonasal & Skullbase Surgery, they have over 40 years of experience in endonasal skull base and pituitary surgery.
- Cutting-Edge Personalized Pituitary Care: Our endocrinologists Drs. Pejman Cohan and Niloufar Ilani have extensive experience diagnosing and treating pituitary hormonal deficiencies and providing medical therapies for hormonally active pituitary adenomas. For patients with aggressive or recurrent pituitary adenomas, as well as related tumors such as clival chordomas and craniopharyngiomas, our neuro-oncologist Dr. Santosh Kesari is on the leading edge of targeted tumor therapies, clinical trials and tumor genomic profiling. We also offer real-time psycho-social support with an on-site social worker and hold a bimonthly Pituitary Patient Support Group.
- Leadership & Training in Pituitary Medicine: Many of our team members are leaders in the field of pituitary tumor care. They are actively involved in teaching other doctors the latest treatments and techniques in pituitary tumor management at national and international conferences, and direct our fellowship training program.
- Publications: Our physicians have an extensive publication track record related to pituitary tumors, craniopharyngiomas, Rathke’s cleft cysts, clival chordomas and parasellar meningiomas, as well as pituitary hormonal disorders, demonstrating their long-term commitment to improving outcomes with these challenging problems
- Our Award Winning Hospital: Our physicians practice at the only hospital in California to receive Healthgrades® America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ award 9 years in a row: Providence Saint John’s Health Center.